French Timidity Homepage
This page is the French Motif couterpart of the original timidity site
made by Tuukka Toivonen. You should visit it if you'd like to peep at the manual page, or to read the Gnu general public licence ( Well you've guessed, Timidity is distibuted under the GNU GPL)
What is Timidity ?
It's a real time software only 32 voices MIDI expander , based on the Gravis
Timidity WORKS on SUN-os ,
HPUX , LINUX.
So to sumarize for PC owners : you can do a Gus job with a SB16.
Timidity works with several interfaces: none, ncurses, slang (Linux)
What is not Timidity?
A Roland SCC1 soundcard !
You can get:
You can also get:
- my soundpatch collection to play general midi files ... Here . Looks like the MIDIA, but compressed.
- Here is my timidity.cfg corresponding to
this sound patch collection.
- Shorten which is necessary to use my patches (divides space by 2). If you want to know more about shorten, let's go in England
- Other patch site at Midia FTP site
- Other patch site at Ultrasound FTP site
Don't forget to visit the franco-belgian micro midi archive !!!
You want to see what timidity looks like ?? Here is the snapshot :
BACK TO THE PAGEL
Many thanks to Gilles Dauphin for archiving at ftp://sig.enst.fr/pub/midi
Vincent Pagel ( Vincent.Pagel@free.fr) July 1995